[tabi] announcement for those with Freedom Scientific products: free daisy reader

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:12:07 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Brad Davis
800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000
www.FreedomScientific.com <http://www.FreedomScientific.com>
Sales:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Freedom Scientific Announces FREE DAISY Book Reader
(St. Petersburg, Florida - August 10, 2009) - Freedom Scientific today
announced
that it is now providing FSReader, its popular DAISY book reader, free
to users of
its PAC Mate(tm) and PAC Mate Omni(tm) accessible Pocket PCs.
"Because we feel very strongly about the importance of making books and
other materials
accessible to those with vision impairments, we are lowering the price
of FSReader
to zero," said Jonathan Mosen, Vice President of Hardware Product
Management for
Freedom Scientific. "FSReader is a powerful tool for efficiently
navigating and reading
professional, educational, and leisure material in DAISY format, and we
want to make
this enhanced productivity available to every PAC Mate user."
FSReader for the PAC Mate and PAC Mate Omni can be downloaded free from
the
Freedom Scientific Web site
.
In addition, users who install Freedom Scientific's JAWS 11 and MAGic 12
products
later this Fall, will be pleased to discover that both products include
the full
desktop version of FSReader DAISY player. This will be the case with
Demo versions
of JAWS and MAGic as well.