[tabi] Fwd: Two New Univiversity Counseling Center Initiatives

  • From: Leandre Clark<lyc05@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:05:41 -0400

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: "CHSnews@xxxxxxx" <chsnews@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:30:18 -0400
The University Counseling Center (UCC) has two new initiatives that it would
like to highlight. We are offering One-on-One instructional sessions on Time
Management, Study Skills, and Stress Management. These free one hour sessions
are available to all enrolled students and facilitated by staff and certified
peer educators from RENEW (Realizing Everyone's Need for Emotional Wellness).
Students may request sessions at a convenient time which fits their schedule
via an online request form on the UCC website at www.counseling.fsu.edu.

The UCC is also the proud sponsor of the newly developed UCC Suicide Prevention
Program: NOLES CARE.  The goals of this initiative are to increase campus
mental health awareness, educate the FSU community about suicide, encourage
students to seek counseling, and train campus stakeholders in referral skills.

UCC Suicide Prevention Program

NOLES CARE

     Communicate concern

     Ask questions

     Refer to resources

     Encourage and expedite help-seeking

For more information about UCC counseling services, instructional sessions, and
the UCC Suicide Prevention Program NOLES CARE, or if you have concerns about a
student, please contact us at 850.644.2003 or visit our website at
www.counseling.fsu.edu.

Ilese A. Weingarten, LCSW, CAP
Outreach Coordinator
The University Counseling Center