[tabi] Re: Fwd: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Proposes New Express Service to SouthWood

  • From: Charles Atkins <catkins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:15:44 -0400

Chip I know you're right the things you tell us because I know several people
using the bus and  complaining that they wished things could return to the old
days; rides used to take fifteen minutes take much longer now!

    From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: October 14, 2013 at 11:51:42 AM EDT
    To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Proposes New Express
Service to SouthWood

          City of Tallahassee News Release

          Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533

          StarMetro Proposes New Express Service to SouthWood

          Red Hills Express Would Offer Greater Convenience to Commuters -
Residents in SouthWood may soon have a quicker and more direct way to travel
between home and downtown via StarMetro. Today, the transit agency announced
plans to combine portions of two of its existing routes serving the SouthWood
area into one direct route called the Red Hills Express. The proposed service
change, which goes before the City Commission on Oct. 23, would allow customers
to travel between the two major destinations in as little as 30 minutes with no
transfer.

          In order to gain feedback from area residents and commuters on the
proposed express service, StarMetro planners will hold a public meeting on
Thursday, Oct. 17, from 12 to 3 p.m. at Shuster's Café, located at 4055
Esplanade Way.

          If approved by the City Commission, the new Red Hills Express, which
includes a stop on Magnolia Dr. near Governor's Square Mall, would begin on
Monday, Nov. 4.

          'By combining the SouthWood portions of the Red Hills and Tall
Timbers routes that overlap, we can distribute our resources more efficiently,'
said Ivan Maldonado, director of StarMetro. 'As a result, we can provide a
direct, express route from SouthWood to downtown -- giving residents and
commuters a faster and more convenient service.'

          The Red Hills Express would offer a high level of service during the
typical travel times of commuters. The service would provide eight trips during
the day -- four trips during the morning and four trips during afternoon peak
travel times.

          With the proposed express service serving the SouthWood area, the
existing Red Hills and Tall Timbers routes would be combined into a single Tall
Timbers route. Proposed changes are available for viewing on the proposed
system map (PDF).

          For more information about StarMetro services, please call 891-5200
or visit Talgov.com/starmetro. Other ways to view information include liking
StarMetro's official Facebook page at Facebook.com/starmetrotransit or
following the organization on Twitter at Twitter.com/ridestarmetro.

          Contact: Brian Waterman, StarMetro Planning, 891-5564; Sandra
Manning, Utility Marketing, 891-6175; or Heather Teter, Department of
Communications, 891-8533

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image