[tabi] Fw: [acb-l] CALIFORNIA COUNCIL OF THE BLIND CONVENTION TO BE STREAMED

  • From: "Sally Benjamin" <salbenjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fcb-l@xxxxxxx>, <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:49:17 -0400

Sally Benjamin
salbenjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Metz
To: acb-l@xxxxxxx ; CCB-L@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:51 PM
Subject: [acb-l] CALIFORNIA COUNCIL OF THE BLIND CONVENTION TO BE STREAMED

Hi everyone.

This is Ken Metz of the California Council of the Blind letting all of you know
that we'd love to have all of you at our fall, 2009 Convention being held at
the Radisson Hotel in Fresno, California. This is also the celebration of the
CCB's 75th anniversary. However, since we can't have all of you here with us,
we'll do the next best thing. We will begin streaming Friday morning, October
30, 2009, on ACB Radio World at 9 a.m., Pacific, 10 a.m., Mountain, 11 a.m.
Central, 12 Noon, Eastern, and 1600 UTC. All of the following times will be
Pacific, and I believe you can figure out your specific time zone. Our first
broadcast will be a preliminary CCB program presented by the Committee on
Access and Transportation, Eugene Lozano, Jr., Chair, and Bernice Kandarian,
Chair of the California Council of Citizens with Low Vision. A couple of topics
to be discussed will include a history of transportation over the years and how
it has changed and may continue to change for persons who are blind and
visually impaired. There will also be a guest speaker discussing Para transit.

We will break at approximately 12 Noon and return on the air at about 1:15 p.m.
for the first general session of this convention. We will stream until
approximately 4:15 p.m.

We'll begin again at 7 p.m. Pacific time ending at approximately 11 p.m. The
evening session will include updates from ACB President, Mitch Pomerantz, and
then the CCB Presidential report by Jeff Thom. Beginning around 10 p.m. will be
the election of some of the CCB officers and board whose term will begin
January 1, 2010.

Saturday afternoon will begin at about 1:15 p.m. with our next general session.
Programs will include several items of interest with the last portion set aside
for a debate on a proposed CCB Constitutional Amendment to determine if we
should stay with two conventions a year in California or reduce it to one.

Saturday evening will begin at 6:45 p.m. as we cover the CCB banquet. Our
keynote speaker will be Paul

Schroeder, Vice President of Policies and Programs from the Washington, D.C.
office of the American Foundation for the Blind. We will also be presenting the
2009 CCB scholarship winners, draw for the CCB Sweepstakes winners and more.
Since this day is Halloween, we don't know what kinds of tricks or treats to
expect, or which ghostly people might show up.

On Sunday morning, we will begin with our devotional service for those who wish
to attend at 7:30 a.m. Pacific time with the last general session starting at
8:30 a.m. This will be the CCB business meeting which will include information
from many of the CCB committee chairs. The Resolutions Committee will bring
several resolutions to the general membership who will vote and decide whether
or not each resolution will be adopted. Finally, the vote on the proposed
Constitutional Amendment  to determine the status quo of two State CCB
conventions annually will continue, or if we will be changing to one per year.

We will end by 12 noon on Sunday, November 1st.

Again, please tune into ACB Radio, World, to listen to all the exciting
programs and information at our fall, 2009 convention at the above-mentioned
times.