[tabi] FW: Help with a National Science Foundation study on blind persons’ document formatting.

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:37:56 -0400

From: Lourdes Morales Villaverde [mailto:lommoral@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:56 PM
Subject: Help with a National Science Foundation study on blind persons’
document formatting.

Greetings,

We are researchers from the University of California, Santa Cruz. We are
researching ways in which tools may assist blind people with tasks related to
document formatting, and the first step we need to do is to gather information
about document formatting practices, errors and barriers of blind persons. To
do this, we need to collect a large number and variety of documents that were
created and formatted by blind persons (at most light perception) without help
from sighted persons.

Please help us by providing your documents. As this is a National Science
Foundation study, we follow a strict rule of maintaining your and your
documents’ confidentiality and destroying documents after the study is
finished.

We will run a draw for two $50 Amazon gift certificate as a token of
appreciation for those who provide us with at least 5 documents created with
any word processor (Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, etc.). Please only send us
documents that are at least 3 pages long.

If you are interested in helping us, please email your documents to
lommoral@xxxxxxxx . Also, if you know someone who fits the criteria and might
be interested in helping us, please forward this email. We really appreciate
your help.

Thank you for you time.

Best regards,

--

Lourdes M. Morales Villaverde

Computer Science Ph.D. Student

Interactive Systems for Individuals with Special Needs (ISIS) Lab

Baskin School of Engineering

University of California, Santa Cruz

lommoral@xxxxxxxx

soelommoral@xxxxxxxxxxxx