[tabi] Re: FW: College Student Online Employment Preparation Program

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:25:29 -0400

Hi all,

This looks very good.

As a supplement to it, I thought I'd mention the free,  AFB Career
Connect program at:

http://www.afb.org/Section.asp?SectionID=7

This has a wide array of resources, including a "resume genie" and a
database of blind individuals who have registered to be mentors for
anyone considering a given career.  so, you can find out from someone in
your perspective career area what it's like for a blind person working
in that career area.

I'm not really familiar with all of the program's options, but I believe
it has an extensive set of articles to help blind people find
employment.

I've registered as a career mentor, and the AFB always needs more
volunteers so they can represent all the possible professions; please
consider signing up as a career connect volunteer; you only have to
answer questions from others considering a career in the same field.

hth,