[swacuho] SWACUHO Award Updates

  • From: John Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "swacuho-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <swacuho-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "swacuho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <swacuho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:30:39 -0600

Hey SWACUHO,

I wanted to send out some updates regarding awards, as well as some answers to
a few questions that have been coming in.

The submission process for regional awards has been updated for this year.
Thanks to the tireless work of our Technology Coordinator, Rikki Turner, our
entire process has been moved onto the website.  No more email and attachments
... the nominations can be submitted online and all documents be uploaded
directly to the site.  Just use this link and then select the category:
http://www.swacuho.org/?page=nominations

Also, the deadline for nominations is being extended - all award nominations
will now be due by: 5pm on Monday, January 12th, 2015.  If you have already
submitted a nomination but would like to take some time to give it a bit of
extra "polish", please just let me know and I'll be happy to work with you.

Questions:

*         "Do nominations need to be broken up into different parts?"

o   Not necessarily.  Some files wind up being rather large after all the
supporting information (letters, photos, audio, etc.) are included.  So we
included some additional lines so that nomination files could be sub-divided if
the files became too large.

*         "What should we put in the 'reason for nomination' on awards like
Frank Cloud and Bob Cooke?"

o   There's no need to copy the entire nomination here.  We suggest just a
simple summary or abstract to connect with the portfolio.

*         "What should be in the nomination?"

o   If you hover your mouse pointer over an item in the form, a box should pop
up to show what is recommended for that section.  And anything with an * is
required as part of the nomination packet.

*         "Can we find out if our nomination has been received?"

o   I will be contacting each nominator as an additional confirmation so that
you'll be sure we've received all the necessary information.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

John

John Wright
SWACUHO Recognition & Awards Chair
________________________________
[cid:image001.png@01D01884.6497BD00]<https://webmail.astate.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=RYyUNiH7Ik6CAi-kJ1IdjNr_u90UVM9I1_vJKLeqYUsi_TgxUku8b2nhPCs-qLmtzj41jVOwNWU.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.astate.edu%2f>

John Wright
Area Coordinator for Living-Learning Communities
Office of Residence Life

P.O. Box 2774 | State University, AR 72467
Office: (870) 972-2042 | Direct Line: (870) 680-8306 | Fax: (870) 972-2561
jwright@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jwright@xxxxxxxxxx> |
http://www.astate.edu<https://webmail.astate.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=RYyUNiH7Ik6CAi-kJ1IdjNr_u90UVM9I1_vJKLeqYUsi_TgxUku8b2nhPCs-qLmtzj41jVOwNWU.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.astate.edu%2f>
Student Affairs Customer Service Satisfaction
Survey<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=404062640225>

[cid:image002.png@01D01884.7622DB90]

PNG image

PNG image