[SFSF] Fwd: SINGLE AND FRIENDS OCT. DINNER

  • From: chuck <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MasterList <sunflowersf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:04:28 -0700

From: "Sondra P" <sjprather@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "SONDRA PRATHER" <sjprather@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  SINGLE AND FRIENDS OCT. DINNER
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:46:48 -0700

Dear members of Singles and Friends,,

Last night was a night to remember! If you were unable to attend, you missed a fabulous potluck prepared by those who attended this event. We had such a variety of food; it was hard not to pile your plate to overflowing.

After dinner, we were treated to hearing all the fascinating tales and facts of writing a novel by one of our own Sunflower residents, Elizabeth Gunn. Liz shared with us how she rode around with the Tucson police and picked their brains about the ins and outs of Tucson's crime scene. Her fourth mystery, Magic Line, takes place in Tucson and is on sale now. Barb Bush wrote up a literary quiz for all of us to try. The three lucky winners with the most correct answers received an autographed copy of one of Liz Gunn's novels.

After another call for members to volunteer to take a leadership role in Singles and Friends, we had two who stood up and volunteered last night. Carol Blight volunteered to fill the position of President and Betty Dunaway for Treasurer. Thank you very much ladies. I see an exciting year
ahead for us.

There are still two positions open; Vice President and Secretary. If this is a position you might be interested in or you know of someone who might enjoy this opportunity, call a member of the Steering Comm. and let us know. Officers will be voted on at the December 15th event.

Also, please speak to any of your friends who were unable to attend last night's event. Maybe you would like to share a position of leadership
with them.

The list of 83 members in Singles and Friends has been divided up among the members of the steering committee and each of you should be receiving a call from one of them asking if you are interested in filling one of these open positions. We also would like to invite you to join
the Steering Committee and share your ideas with us.

There will not be a November event due to Thanksgiving. BUT on Saturday, December 15th we will be having our "Holiday Affair Potluck". The tradition of having the Sunflower Chorale perform holiday music at our December Event continues under the skillful direction of Dawn Calkins. Tickets will be sold on December 4th, 7th, 10th, and 12th from 10:00 until noon. The tickets will be $2.00 plus a potluck dish of one of the following items: appetizer,
main dish, salad/vegetable, or dessert.

Sincerely,
Sondra Prather
Vice President