[SFGS] Fwd: Content Update - 5 New Titles

  • From: ludechem@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gs members sunflower <sunflowergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 15:30:17 +0000 (UTC)

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Fold3" <team@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ludechem@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:19:54 AM
Subject: Content Update - 5 New Titles

If this email doesn't display correctly, view it in your browser .
        Fold3 Content Update

We are excited to announce that we have begun adding the following new titles
to the site, covering 5 wars and 130 years of U.S. military history: War of
1812 Pension Files Free

Records in the War of 1812 Pension Files reveal details of each soldier’s
service and family. In a declaration made by widow Mary Abbott , she elaborates
upon her late husband's engagements in Ohio after stating that he was "out
three times in the War of 1812." Mexican War Service Records

From 1846 to 1848, the war with Mexico determined the southwest border of the
U.S. as we know it today. The Mexican War Service Records launch Fold3's
commitment to bringing records of this strategic war to our members.
Confederate Casualty Reports

From skirmishes to major battles, documents within the Confederate Casualty
Reports describe a unit's role in the conflict and detail casualties, from
killed to missing to "slightly" wounded. A few reports from the Battle of
Sharpsburg (also known as Antietam) on September 17, 1862, relate the action
from several units, beginning with the report of the 13th South Carolina
Infantry.
World War I Officer Experience Reports

The World War I Officer Experience Reports reveal intriguing accounts by
engineers in the American Expeditionary Forces (AEF). Some reports go beyond
military and engineering terms to provide remarkable, sometimes poetic
insights, like this January 6, 1919, account of a torpedo attack on a convoy
hours after the writer described "the dark forested shores of North America" as
"a mere fringe on the horizon." WWII "Old Man's Draft" Registration Cards

In 1942, men between the ages of 45 and 64 were required to register for the
draft in order to create an inventory of those who could provide essential
skills to the home front during World War II. The "Old Man's Draft" Cards are
the result, complete with addresses, dates, and physical descriptions of each
registrant.

Watch for more to come as these titles continue to grow and others are added.
        View all New and Updated Titles

Thank you,

The Fold3 Team
        Fold3 Logo

Fold3 does not sell, rent or otherwise distribute the personal information you
provide us to third party advertisers.
Privacy Policy

This email was sent to: ludechem@xxxxxxxxxxx . If you prefer not to receive
email like this from Fold3 Unsubscribe .

To avoid this email being sent to your junk mail folder, please add this
address (team@xxxxxxxxx) to your safe senders list.

© 2011 Fold3. All Rights Reserved. 355 South 520 West, Suite 250, Lindon, UT
84042.
Privacy Policy - Customer Support - Your Fold3 Account