[suncommunity] Re: Max upgrade path for Sun Blade 100

  • From: phorum@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 01:52:15 GMT

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2772&t=2764>

Sorry I used to spend more time here ... need to update my email and
stuff.

I am kind of paranoid and not real wild about overclocking but various
people have reported the sunblade100 is stable at 550 ... yes I have 2 120
gig maxtors installed ... you will want to make sure you have a relatively
recent version of the OBP patch and that your version of Solaris is not too
old ... of course you can download latest version of Solaris 9 for free
from sun ... then you need to patch it occassionally and figure out if you
need firewall configured ... the old FAQ has this info.

www.stokely.com is a good resource and so is
http://sysunconfig.net/unixtips/solaris.html

To take full advantage of 2 120 gig drives you will want to leave at least
one or two partitions "empty" on each drive at 128 meg or so each then you
can use the free mirror software from sun (old name disksuite now volume
manager) see the unixtips url above look up disksuite from there the info
is very good.

Have fun John

Sent using Phorum software version 3.4.4 <http://phorum.org>