[suncommunity] Re: [HELP!] SunPCI 1 and Floppy, Unix Directory

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 00:55:22 +0100

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=607&t=605>

Yes, it does.  Win2000, but I think you need to download new s/w from Sun,
which is SunPCi 1.3.

After restarting the system (blade100) and then running
"vold_floppy_disable", all work fine.  However, I still see the exclamation
point mark for the floppy in device manager.  Well, it works now...

I'm quite happy with this $20 investment; with 400Mhz AMD CPU, and with
256MB RAM that were in my drawer -- it works beautifully.  Especially that
I don't have to hassle with browser any more, and I can use VC++ 6, Windows
email clients, etc.

Now I just need to be able to access unix files from Windows.

Sent using Phorum software version 3.4.3a <http://phorum.org>