[SS2S-Main] volunteering

  • From: Vicente Alvero Zambrano <vicente_alvero_14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:21:26 +0100

Hi all again,Although a long time do not talk about it, yet we continue the
investigation of ablative materials.For the study of the material that will
coat the nosecone of our rocket; Richard, Mattias and I already started last
summer to work on it.Throughout this week, I've been talking to Hans, and he
thought the possibility to also measure the temperature on the side of the wall
that is in contact with the flame. Would be measured by an infrared
thermometer.I am contacting you to see if anyone is interested, or know how, to
attach an infrared thermometer with data logger that Liam is manufacturing for
thermocouples.By this, we can obtain pairs of temperatures at the same point.
Both outside and inside of the wall, in order to obtain among other data,
values of thermal conductivity and heat capacity of each material.Thanks in
advance for your cooperation and interest.