[studiorecorder] Re: selection problem

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:50:29 -0500

Judy, Mary said, It's easy to left arrow a few times, to the point before
the section that was cut out, and then play it back to be sure there's no
trace of it. You can use right and left arrow while in stop mode to hear
tiny snippets of the file"

You can also zoom in and out with F9 and F10 to hear shorter or longer bits
of sound when you arrow.  So, let's say you want to have your left bracket
just before the sound and that when you left arrow away from that sound,
there is still too much space between where you land and the sound.  Just
press F9 a couple times and the arrows will travel in smaller increments.  I
normally then press F10 the same number of times to get back to the zoom
ratio I had originally.

Mary also said, "

"Left bracket can be used right on the beginning of a section to cut; then
use right bracket when you're just past the end of the section to cut out;
there's a slight difference in how these brackets work; left can start at
the start point, but right has to be one or two right-arrows past the end of
the section you're working with. If you don't do this, you'll get the tiny
part of the last bit of section you wanted to delete."

I do not have this problem with the right bracket.  I can place it directly
after the sound and there is no problem.  What you do have to realize is
that there is another way to delete here.  You can do shift delete and you
will do a cross fade delete which takes a very tiny bit of the sound at the
point of the brackets in order to insure that there is no pop in the sound.
So, you have to make sure that you do not cut off the sound at either end,
but this cross fade delete is adjustable.

I hope this helps add to Mary's already helpful message.

Neal