[studiorecorder] quick question

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Studio Recorder list <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 11:47:10 -0700

Hi,

This week i'll be using Studio Recorder to record a music presentation. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and the latest version of SR on a PC with 4 gig of memory. I have a music file that I'll be playing as part of the presentation, and it has a dozen or so selections. I'll be recording via a Creative external sound card with the "what u hear" function and an attached external microphone for my vocal descriptions. This will also involve interacting with friends on a Talking Communities connection via a web site. When I used Windows XP, I started recording and used Winamp to play the various MP3 files. It might be easier to open the file in a second window in SR, and play the sections as appropriate, stopping at various points. Would it be better to use Winamp, or can SR handle recording continuously in one window while playing a file in another? I'm assuming it can do this, but just wanted to check if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks -

Mary