[studiorecorder] new user questions

  • From: "dutendat@xxxxxxx" <dutendat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:43:00 -0500 (EST)

I am writing on behalf of some Connecticut volunteers that record books for the
blind. We are just transitioning to using Studio Recorder and Book Wizard
Producer. Would love to hear from other studios that already "know the ropes."
Here are our questions:

1. Have any of you created a basic, simplified "how to use" instruction manual
for your SR users? Are you willing to share it?

2. File sharing/transfer is a big question mark for us. We use separate
computers to record books and to review books in progress. How do you make a
book-in-progress accessible to a separate pc used for review only? And is there
a way to prevent the reviewer from accidentally modifying the file?

3. We also have a need to share files between our 5 studios throughout the
state and want to know how other programs do this. Do you subscribe to an FTP
provider?  How does that work?

4. Do you have paid technical support? Is it full-time, part-time? If not, how
do you trouble shoot?

I would appreciate any responses. We have volunteers of varying technology
experience and some are vary anxious about this change- although we are psyched
about the new features that SR will offer us. Thanks!