[studiorecorder] Re: file conversion

  • From: Harry Brown <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:27:32 -0400

Hi Mary,
First, I want to thank you, and Jayson, for the help you both have given me!
I'd love to do it that way, however, I have another problem.
In Windows 7, I go to control pannel, then, I click on sounds, then, I go to the recording tab. Then, I found the line in, so I can plug in my patch cord between the tape recorder and the computer. However, there is no listen tab, so, I cannot hear the recording from my tape recorder to the computer. Do you, or anyone have an idea how to get this to happen? I need to record a bunch of things off of tapes on to my computer. I've got so much stuff to digitize, are any of you there, with things you have to digitize that you don't want to lose?
Harry

On 6/20/2015 5:15 PM, Mary Emerson wrote:

The only other Idea I have is to hook up your PC's headphone jack to a digital recorder's audio input jack, and copy the file into that recorder; make sure the new file's sound is acceptable and not too loud or too soft; save it to the digital recorder in MP3 at a higher bit and sample rate. Then insert that file into Studio Recorder and edit it. The problem may be that the original file doesn't provide enough for Studio Recorder to work with.

if this doesn't work, let's hope Rob or Larry can provide ideas next week; or maybe somebody else at APH will think of something.

Mary