[studiorecorder] can't get Studio Recorder to see my microphone in Windows 7

  • From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 21:48:25 -0500

Hi All,
I just upgraded this computer to Windows 7.  This particular headset microphone
always has worked fine.  Now, in Windows 7, when I plug in the microphone to
any of my 3 microphone ports, it isn't recognized.  I pressed \ to start
recording in SR, and SR popped up and gave me a message that the wave device
was invalid.  I then changed ports several times, updated SR, and looked at the
windows volume control.  It says my microphone is disconnected, but it isn't.
The headphone part of this headset microphone works without a problem.  Does
anyone have any ideas on how to get Windows and SR to see and use my
microphone?  It is plugged in via the 3.5 mm jack.  There is only one option
under wave devices in the recording combo box, and that is Microsoft Sound
Mapper.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and Studio Recorder version 3.8.0.0.
Thanks,

Chase Crispin
Website:
http://www.blindmobiletech.com/