[studiorecorder] Re: adjusting volume when a file is already normalized

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:58:48 -0400

Mary:

You will have to select the softer portions of the file and normalize
them individually. Hopefully, there are just a hand full of these softer
sections. Alternatively, you could try your hand at dynamic compression,
but this might not be the result you want, since the louder portions
will sound quite a bit different then the softer ones.

Rob Meredith

>>> maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/27/06 12:41AM >>>
Hi listers,

I have a file that was recorded with two microphones; studio recorder
says the file is normalized; the recorder's internal mikes are softer
than the external mike I used; how can I selectively adjust the softer
volume and bring it up so that the overall file volume is relatively
equal through out? If I used the general volume, it would bring up the
volume of the entire file and I don't want to do that.

Thanks -

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss