[studiorecorder] Re: Suggestion for status line info: Was - RE: Re: New Version Available

  • From: <ptorpey00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 12:26:26 -0400

Ah, after looking around, I found the meter values a line or two down from
the top of the Studio Recorder window.  Again, if there were a way to tab or
use another standard navigation command such as control+tab or f6 to get to
this field, one could easily get the values and/or keep the Braille focus on
these values as they changed dynamically without having to rely on the
Studio Recorder hotkey.  Maybe the hotkey could even move focus to the
intended dialog ("a" for peak meter, "s" for status line).

This would help with Braille and NVDA.

Just a thought.  Maybe there are other simple solutions.

--Pete

From: Rob Meredith <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
To: "studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:26 pm

> Hi Jamie,
>
> NVDA is not currently one of the supported screen readers for these
functions. I'm not sure if it is possible to do this with NVDA or not, since
this requires talking directly to the screen reader.

> Rob

on your end?