[studiorecorder] Re: Studio Recorder and Maudio Fast Track Pro

  • From: Rob Meredith <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:27:12 +0000

Hi Keith,

There's a lot to cover here, so let's jump in.

In most cases I know of, a sound device such as the one you have will not let
you directly record MIDI output. This is strange, but the reason is because you
can't easily record what the sound device is playing. Someone on the list can
probably help you find a virtual audio router to solve this, or you can connect
the outputs of the sound card to the inputs. If you decide to connect the
outputs to the inputs, you need to be careful to avoid feedback loops, another
issue entirely. You might also find it easier to connect the output of another
sound card (perhaps one that is built in) to your sound device to record MIDI.

You should be able to see your Fast Track Pro's audio inputs and outputs in
Studio Recorder's Select Wave Devices dialog. Since you don't, there is another
issue. Either the driver for the Fast Track Pro doesn't support the MME
interface, or it is disabled. I would look through any control panel type
applications that came with the Fast Track Pro to see if you can find a
configuration option which permits MME driver use. Or, perhaps you need a newer
driver for the device.

Rob