[studiorecorder] Re: Studio Recorder Documentation

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:43:51 -0400

Phil:
Perhaps you have the peak meter turned off? If it is on as indicated by
a check box by its item in the View menu, it should be reading with
Alt+A.

Rob Meredith

>>> phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx 06/23/06 11:31AM >>>
Hi Rob,
After listening to Larry talk about how much visual documentation is in
the
Studio Recorder manual I went over it and to me there is much more than
just
a page.
In some sections like using the peak meters I can not tell if a blind
person
would be able to use them and how.
For example, I tried the alt+a in both recording and playback but did
not
get any results from JFW.

I have a few suggestions.
At the top it reads that the table of contents will give the hot keys
for
each function.
But there is no specific table of contents, only the header for each
section.
With JFW I can use the h key to skip from heading to heading but not
all
people can do that.
 An updated list of hot keys that could be brailled, built into the
manual
would help make finding these hot keys quicker and make the program
easier
to use for a beginner.
Lastly, I noticed no hot key for Redo in the manual while going through
the
menu to the redo choice JFW states that ctrl+y will accomplish that
task.
I realize that Studio Recorder is a constantly changing program that
needs
an on-line manual that is easy to add to but it seams that it needs a
redo
itself.

Sincerely,
Phil Vlasak