[studiorecorder] Recording using a mixer

  • From: Janine Smith <janinejaws@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:11:23 +1200

Hi

I am using studio recorder and trying to record both my voice and the system
audio of another computer. The computer that has studio recorder on is plugged
into a recently purchased audio interface. I cannot seem to get both my voice
and computer audio to be picked up by studio recorder. I have only 1 mic preamp
and 1 instrument 2 it's called. The only way I can get it to pick up the mac is
to plug in the cable into the preamp hole used for the mic. I am wondering if I
need a mixer with 2 preamps, 2 mic/line inputs? I can hear both through the
headphones but studio recorder only picks up what is plugged into the preamp.
The mixer is a Behringer U-Phoria UM2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks. Regards Janine

Sent from my iPad