[studiorecorder] Questions about Audio files and conversion to MP3.

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 05:53:12 -0500

For years I have been boring everyone with bleggs and bloggs about my bible project. Well, I have the whole new testament and the first five books of the old testament digitized.

I have been using the following format
44.1k 16 bit mono.
There are good reasons why it would be convenient to go to the format 22.50-k 16 bit mono. One reason is that I end up having to record at double speed. I can record at 88.k drop the format to 44.k. I can record at 44-k, run the recording through the clean up software, drop to 22-k then resample.
Using the 44-k recordings I convert to mp3 using 64-bit high quality settings.
Would I lose any quality by converting all audio wav files to 22-K? If I ever hear from Book Wizard can that program work with 22-k wav files?
What are the advantages and disadvantages with 44-K except for the larger size?

Sincerely Yours:
Duane Iverson