[studiorecorder] Flac support?

  • From: Jayson Smith <jaybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:26:18 -0500

Hi,

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I accidentally sent this from the wrong account so sending again.

I was wondering if there would be any chance of adding support for FLAC files to SR? I don't know how FLAC works, whether it would be like MP3 where you can encode and decode, but can't edit directly. The advantages of FLAC, of course, is that it's open-source and lossless. The disadvantage being larger file size, but if you're wanting to archive a lot of original material or analog to digital conversions in a lossless manner, FLAC will save you some disk space. Of course you can just use the FLAC encoder, but then you can't open those files directly in SR without decoding the whole file first.
Jayson