[studiorecorder] Re: Accessible Disk burning and CD copying software

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "maryemerson" for DMARC)
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:48:27 -0700

Hi all,

I haven't followed much of this thread and therefore don't know why people are talking about their use of SR, but here's my two cents.

I've been podcasting since 2005, either on the old Blind Cool Tech podcast, or my own podcasts; I've used SR almost exclusively, and exclusively since some time in 2006. I purchased it when it first came out some time around 2001, but due to work schedules, I didn't have time to learn it till I left the workplace in 2005. I've used it for lots of other things: helping friends with audio production projects by editing out extraneous stuff and trimming the beginning and ending of recordings to delete blank space; also doing a lot of this when copying some old tapes to digital form. For a while I was on the ACB Main Menu team and helped edit some files for that radio show, and produced some segments here and there. I've put together various types of podcasts, with lots of snippets from my collection of folk and classical music because people were curious about the musical part of my life. It took at least eight hours to create each of those recordings, but it was lots of fun. SR has been so handy for so many things in the past ten years.

Mary