Re: [steem] questionaire

  • From: "Yoko Yamaki" <yoko_yamaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Feb 2004 00:22:14 +0100

Hello you all,

Q.: Why not tell us about your own Atari story?
YY.: I can't think of any reason so here we go:

Q.: How many do you have?
YY.: 3 working and 3 broken.

Q.: Which model?
YY.: 1040STe 4mb, Mega ST 1mb, 1040 STe 1mb makes 3 are okay.
Mega STE tos205 fd only, Mega STE tos 206 (dead), 1040STe (fd broken)

Q.: How much do you like it?
YY.: A lot. I do midi and typing on it.

Q.: Are you some of you not working in the computer industry now?
YY.: No, not really. Some people think I know about computers.

Q.: How did you get yours?
YY.: Second hand. some were given to me.

Q.:How do you still like to use them?
YY.: Well, midi, text edit and basic, and I like the crappy samplesounds.

Q.: Do you use Steem in conjunction with your real machine?
YY.: Yes. some things just go faster on steem if you boost it to 48 Mhz. You
can't do that on a genuine ST.

Q.: What are your favourite programs/games?
YY.: Notator SL (sequencing),Qed (text), Omikron-basic, Master (cli) the
mixing machine and replay. For games: Psycho Pig, Nethack and buggyboy oh
and a very lousy game called "Brataccas" (psignosis)

Q.: Do you mainly use original discs or ones found on the Internet?
YY.: Both if possible. I can't play Nethack on the real thing yet. I have to
split the files for transfer first or get into the null-modem thing. I'm to
lazy for that. I guess I'm a real double-density freak.

Q.: How do you share your time of personal use between Atari and PC?
YY.: De set-up of things I do on an Atari. To prepare things to present to
others I use the widowsplatform.

Q.: How do you share your time of personal use between Atari and other old
platforms emulators and PC?
YY.: I'm not to deep in to anything other than Atari and the widows thing.
even with widows I use steem a lot. But I do use widows for photoshop and
that sort of thing. I think ST-graphics are outdated. On the other hand pc's
are still no good for midi.

cheers, YY