Re: [steem] Problems with Steem 2.0 anyone?

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Discussion" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 21:23:23 -0000

Hi,

> I wonder if it's only a problem with my PC or if anyone has the same
> problem:
> When I quit Steem it crashes - it seems to be able to save all settings
and
> even
> the ST state though. So its not a big deal, but a bit annoying.
>
> I have an Athlon CPU (1333 MHz), could this have something to do with it?

Shouldn't do, there are lots of people running Steem on AMD processors. We
haven't had any reports of this sort of crashing for recent versions, had a
very similar thing for version 1.6 but I thought we had permanently fixed
that. The best course of action is to isolate what is causing the crash,
turn off DirectDraw, DirectSound, DirectInput and everything in the External
Devices dialog and then restart Steem. Hopefully that will stop the crash,
then you can go through them one by one turning them back on and seeing what
caused it. When you find that out let us know and we'll see if we can fix
it.

Good luck,
Russell Hayward

Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/