Re: [steem] (No Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:20:45 +0100

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Discussion" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

> Just a message to say well done with Steem, its the only atari st/e emu
> worth using in my opinion, and i am v.impressed with its interface,
options
> and speed, just wish there was a bilinear filter option (like snes 9X) to
> smooth the graphics a little.  i hope you keep pursuing this project, and
it
> means i can play carrier command again!!!

Thanks for the compliments, we're glad you like Steem. Unfortunately Steem
is a bit more CPU intensive than a SNES emulator, if we can figure out a way
to do some smoothing/anti-aliasing without slowing it to a crawl then we'll
add the option. Some video cards automatically smooth stretching (Steem does
this when it's window is bigger than the ST screen size), but we haven't yet
been able to find a way to force the card to anti-alias.

> is there any way i can transfer my original st disks onto the pc so steem
> can use them?

If you still have a working ST you could try the new Disk_Img.prg that comes
with Steem, we haven't had a lot of success with protected disks but it does
image a few disks that other tools won't. If you don't have your ST anymore
then you could try makedisk (http://makedisk.fatal-design.com/).

Sincerely,
Russell Hayward
--