[steem] Some games which Steem will not run properly

  • From: Tim Curthew-Sanders <tim.curthew-sanders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:29:57 +0100

        I'm writing to let you know about problems I am seeing trying to run
some favourite games on Steem 2.4.

        Obsession (DBUG) - I cannot get beyond the "press space" screen. I
can only get this far using TOS 1.62 and 1MB or 2MB of memory. With TOS 1.02
and 2.06 it bombs on the opening menu after a few seconds.

        Space Shuttle (DBUG) - It looks to work OK, except the the Mission
Elapsed Timer (MET) fails to could down. It shows seconds counting down from
99 to 0 and just cycles back to 99 seconds again.

        Carrier Command - It looks to run normally, but after about an
hour's game time it halts the game and Steem itself runs very slowly until
an ST reset is done. If a saved game or memory snapshot is loaded just
before it halted, the game still halts at the same point in game time.

        Borodino - Loads OK, but the mouse clicks do not work. I must
confess I've not tried this game on Steem 2.4 as yet, but the problem was
present on 2.06.

        Otherwise this is an excellent emulator - well done! It's far more
convenient than using the original machine..

> Regards,
> ___
> Tim Curthew-Sanders

If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use,
copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent
or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.

--
Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/