[steelers_pb] Re: I think Snyder is in real trouble

  • From: "SUDESH PRASAD" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("sudeshprasad")
  • To: steelers_pb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 00:24:50 -0700

So THAT explains your Crapitals fandom, despite being a Steelers fan…

Thanks,Sudesh

On Apr 3, 2022, at 6:29 AM, Eddie Dalder <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 This story is from one source. Other outlets have repeated the information verbatim with no conformation. If other sources confirm that Snyder ripped off his fellow owners, I would be more concerned. One source, especially one I have never known before this moment, is not enough.

Look, I am a DC area native. I grew up during Coach Gibbs' first run. The Redskins were the one thing that united the many disparate tribes of DC and its suburban surroundings "beyond The Beltway." The mostly African American DC, the "other DC" that is wealthy, mostly white, PG County, Northern Va., and beyond. The Redskins went more than 35-40 years not having to sell a single game ticket because of ticket demands. Season Tickets were passed down in families.

My brother in law grew up worshipping The Redskins. Now? He doesn't care. His man cave is now devoted to The Washington Capitals. The main piece is an autographed photo of Ovechkin holding The Stanley Cup.

Dan Snyder has broken the bonds and the reaction is either anger or, worse, apathy, from the fan base. The Capitals are #1 in DC sports right now. The Nationals had their moment after winning The 2019 World Series. But, alas, The Nats are undergoing a rebuild and many of those stars are gone.

Snyder being punted from The Commanders franchise would be the best news to happen to DC sports in decades. It would be hope. But I will believe it when I see it.

On Saturday, April 2, 2022, 09:13:52 PM EDT, Steve Rhoton <sprhoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I mean, sure, he’s done some real reprehensible stuff, but if he’s skimming off other owners, that might be the end of him.
https://twitter.com/fos/status/1510415353997836291?s=21&t=_bmDnkfLwa7w-9pshmAdyQ

GIF image