[startgroup] START v1.1 & updated Summary Sheet

  • From: "Desmarais, Sarah" <sdesmarais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "START group" <startgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:54:23 -0700

Hi all,

For your reference, I've attached a draft of START Version 1.1. Please
do not distribute without our permission.

The main changes to the manual include slight content changes to items
6, 7, and 20 (as discussed previously). We have also added an updated
research section, explicit definitions for all of the START constructs
(i.e., risk domains, key and critical items, etc.), a section describing
how to compute START total scores for research purposes, and examples of
how clinicians describe strengths and vulnerabilities in their review
board reports. We have also made some stylistic changes throughout,
updated some of the setting quotations, and added new references. We had
originally planned to track all changes made in an 'administrators'
copy, but it became unreadable. For those interested, I will work on a
more complete document of the specific changes, but this will take some
time as there have been at least minor text changes to almost every page
(fixing typos, wording, new references, etc.).

Best,

Sarah

PS - I've also attached a printable version of the updated START Summary
Sheet.

Sarah L. Desmarais, Ph.D.

Junior Research Scientist, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital

BC Mental Health & Addiction Services

Post Doctoral Research Fellow, School of Population and Public Health
Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow, Department of Psychology
University of British Columbia