[ssug-malappuram] Re: Study: Developers Do Not Want GPL 3 to Police Patents

  • From: "Pramode C.E." <pramode_ce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ssug-malappuram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:56:07 +0100 (BST)

Patents*<http://ct.enews.eweek.com/rd/cts?d=186-6473-8-85-153172-711179-0-0-0-1>
> A new Microsoft-funded study has found that
> open-source developers do not
> believe licenses like the upcoming GNU GPL 3 should

The so-called MS funded `survey' is based on the
opinions of just 34 individuals.

Isn't this another attempt to `divide-and-conquer'?

MS started off by trying to spread Fear,Uncertainity
and Doubt in the minds of everyone about the entire
Free Software world. It did not work out as expected.
They are now trying another well-tested tactic -
create
divisions in the community - let them fight each other
to destruction. Bill G. has taken side with the `Open
Source' enthusiasts - he proclaims that `Open Source'
is yet another `methodology' (and a good one) to build
software, just like the `propreitory' methodology. The
common `enemy' of both is `Free Software', which is a
cult of anti-business `fanatics' headed by RMS. It is
essential that we tackle this evil design of MS. The
question is how?

Pramode
---------

      Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download
CHAT? Click here: http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
Wiki: http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Malappuram