specurtin-committee Re: Next meeting

  • From: Winston Kosasih <wkosasih88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:31:11 +0800

Hi Everyone!

Just dropping a quick email with regards to the meeting. I am not sure
whether you guys have discussed this in meetings during the holidays since I
didnt get to see any of the minutes but it seems like there are a lot more
to consider than just organizing events.

I ask that all of you read through this link (
http://www.spe.org/groups/chapters/RulesOutstandingChapter.php) before the
meeting to see what I am talking about, especially part 3. The main SPE
office hands out awards every year to chapters that do well and their
definition of doing well goes far beyond just organizing some events.
Winnings chapters are rewarded with inscribed plagues and get a fair bit of
publicity through their websites etc. I have also attached the report by a
university who won it in 2010. I urge you all to read through this when you
have the time.

I say we go for it. Forget we are new. Forget how well established our
competitors are. We are a great team! Lets achieve something we can look
back to and be proud of while were at it!

The other issue I would like to raise is the necessity to choose a first
year rep now that Tye has moved onto second year.

Last thing I can think of at the moment is the SPE paper contest, which has
a deadline that is fast approaching.

In short, Ellie please add the following points to your agenda:

1) Outstanding Student Chapter
2) First Year Rep
3) SPE Paper Contest

Hope you guys had an awesome holidays and I look forward to see you all
soon!

Winston

PS: Just in case youre asking, I am back from Melbourne (big thanks to Ellie
for taking charge while I am gone!) and I will be there for the Wednesday
meeting.