[sparkscoffee] Re: Sign the petition: Over a dozen U.S. Senators join us in changing the constitution

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "sblumen123@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 21:47:13 -0400 (EDT)

From: Dennis Barbato Sr. <dbarbato1717@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: arkansas <arkansas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Anthony Kusich,
<allisontant@xxxxxxxxxxx>; begich, info <info@xxxxxxxxxx>; ashowerman
<ashowerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, May 16, 2014 9:54 am
Subject: Fwd: Sign the petition: Over a dozen U.S. Senators join us in changing
the constitution

From: "campaigns" campaigns@xxxxxxxxxxxx
.Subject: Sign the petition: Over a dozen U.S. Senators join us in changing the
constitution

Exciting news. After 160,000 Daily Kos members signed our petition calling on
the U.S. Senate to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United
and McCutcheon, over a dozen senators have endorsed the constitutional
amendment.
Now we are teaming up with them to keep piling on and get even more senators to
answer our call before the Senate votes on the constitutional amendment later
this year.

Sign the petition from Daily Kos, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee,
13 U.S. Senators and 2 Senate candidates demanding a constitutional amendment
to overturn Citizens United and McCutcheon.

Citizens United and McCutcheon opened up the floodgates for unlimited campaign
spending by the 1%, and we will keep seeing awful court decisions like
these—until we change the U.S. Constitution to end the absurd notion that money
is “speech.” That’s why we must build on this momentum before the vote takes
place, and urge all other U.S. senators to sign on in support of Sen. Tom
Udall’s amendment to overturn Citizens United and McCutcheon.

Take a look at the growing list of U.S. Senators and candidates in support,
then sign the petition adding your name.    Keep fighting,  Paul Hogarth, Daily
Kos

Please sign and send the petition to President Obama asking that he honor his
pledge to preserve an open internet by demanding real net neutrality rules from
his appointee, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler. Click here to sign and send.

For seven years, President Obama has been on record as a supporter of net
neutrality. Here is what he said at a 2007 public forum in Coe, Iowa, when he
was running for president:

"I am a strong supporter of Net neutrality...What you've been seeing is some
lobbying that says that the servers and the various portals through which
you're getting information over the Internet should be able to be gatekeepers
and to charge different rates to different Websites...so you could get much
better quality from the Fox News site and you'd be getting rotten service from
the mom and pop sites...And that I think destroys one of the best things about
the Internet--which is that there is this incredible equality there."

This sounds like the exact opposite of what FCC Chairman—and Obama
appointee—Tom Wheeler is proposing in his latest version of net neutrality
rules, which allow “gatekeepers” to charge different rates for access to
consumers on “fast and slow lanes.”

Sign and send the petition urging President Obama to add his voice to the fight
to save the internet.

What does U.S. look like with a 10 feet rise of sea level asks Climate Central

President Obama: Don’t kill the Internet.

The petition reads:
"President Obama: Tom Wheeler, the FCC Chair you appointed, has proposed rules
that would kill the free and open Internet. Don’t sit on the sidelines and
allow this to happen. You have promised to support Net Neutrality, now it’s
time for you to keep your word."
Automatically add your name:

Help us defend your Social Security and Medicare from Senator Rubio's attacks!
We've been fighting to save Social Security and Medicare for today's retirees
and their grandkids who should be able to retire with dignity. Please help us
continue this important work!

Yesterday, Florida Senator and potential presidential candidate Marco Rubio
called for the end of Social Security and Medicare.

In a speech at the National Press Club in Washington DC, he reiterated what he
has said in the past:
The only way to save Social Security and Medicare is to dismantle them!

We don't buy it. And we know you don't either.