[sparkscoffee] Las Vegas American Merchant Marine Convention of 5/13-16/14

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Sblumen123@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 19:26:39 -0400 (EDT)

Everyone
This is let you know that I am the National Secretary of the American
Merchant Marine Vetrans (AMMV)
and I introduced the following Resolution to support a new maritime  issue
which was passed unaminously:

Start a campaign for Congress to subsidize the building of two, state of
the art, high speed, Passenger Cruise, sister ships (2nd less costly then the
 1st, one for each ocean, 2 eggs are better then one in the  basket)
specificly designed to double as troop carriers in the interest of  Homeland
Security as part of the ready reserve fleet (RRF) with a priority for  Vetrans
younger then us to work on them.

Currently we have only one Cruise Ship, M/V Pride of America in the
Hawaiian and Alaska trade, partly built in America, run by Norwegian Cruise
Line
under some passenger ship law bypassing the Jones Act.

The Cruise industry is very profitable, it has a variety of room costs, no
free lunch, patriotisim cost - competition is a must - Pride - World
Respect - Can Do - We have a large variety of subsidize and this one is
especially worthwhile - considering our history (tradition) of the S/S United
States -S/S Independence - S/S Constitution and further back - the military -
foreign policy - Unions - public should all back us up. (Bring attention to
the  AMMV) - increase our shipyard technology, engineers and workers - if we
can  build aircraft carriers and rocket to the moon then we can build cruise
ships.  Give our citizens an opportunity to book some of their cruises on a
built,  flagged, crewed USA ship. We shouldn't allow the foreign flaggers
have it  all. I suspect the foreign flaggers are also government subsidized.

Inform News Media, - every member of Congress - all Unions possible,  etc.

NAUS, other Vetran Organizations, Shipyards, etc. unite to favor it. Let us
 not sit on our behinds and allow the competitive world pass us by.

Stanley Blumenthal
National Secretary