[sparkscoffee] Re: Die alectical Materialism

  • From: "schalestock@xxxxxxxx" <schalestock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:39:20 GMT

RR

Correct. But the problem I see is that much of so called formal education has
devolved from a study of the classics, mathematics and other fields that retain
their relevance over the ages, into a glorified trade school education.
Nothing wrong with trade schools but the specificity of their topic doesn't
provide the intellectual stimulation that subjects like literature or
philosophy does. I.E. The ability to think outside the box and connect the dots
of the human experience.

I've always found it fascinating how the theoretical (formal education)
overlays the reality of life experience - especially given the amount of world
traveling we have all done. I've never found any contradictions between the
two, just different layers of perception, the formal giving rational
explanations of the real.

JS

How to Sleep Like a Rock
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/513f063562e5e6352a15st04vuc