[sparkscoffee] Bible

  • From: "John J. Miller" <seaspark@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:07:49 -0400

Greetings;

The book of Revelations is interesting and perhaps a little frightening. Most of the natural disasters that have occurred can be interpreted as pertaining to the scripture.(Floods, earthquakes, the Atom bomb, etc.).

20 years ago I attended a week long bible study of Rev.

We were told that it is not a prophecy but just the writings of a 90 year old man, (John). His writing is not the word of G-- or even an inspiration. There are a lot of thoughts that must be interpenetrated: The whore of Babylon is actually the Roman empire. I don't remember the rest, (Beast, etc.) 666 is just a dramatic number . Armageddon is a big battle,etc.

Just something to think about. There are books about Rev., might be an interesting subject to pursue. I belong to the Methodist denomination, I am sure other churches have different feelings about this.

73

J J Miller