[sparkscoffee] Re: A rational gun argument

  • From: Sblumen123@xxxxxxx
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:13:06 -0500 (EST)

Hey Shmuck, Shmuck, Shmuck

1.Do you think 5 & 6 year olds walking to school should
   have guns? How about 7 to to 18 years have guns?
   If a good guy and a bad guy have guns and there is a  shoot
   out between them how do you know the good guy will  always
   win? Have you heard of car accidents, road rage, bar  fights?

2. If everybody had guns then why would we need a police force,
    labs, lawyers, trials, juries, laws, etc? What an  example for
    the rest of the world, especially terrorists.

3. If you were a policeman how would you feel knowing every SOB
    has a gun? You would make nbr 1 in your  pants giving out traffic
    tickets, investigating a simple complaint or  whatever policeman
    do. How about asking cops what do they think of  your BEST
    WORDED PRO-GUN ARGUMENT YOU HAVE EVER READ?

4. Think, Think, Think before you post, dummy.

Comrade Blumenthal
A non gun owning octogenarian

In a message dated 1/25/2013 9:45:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
schalestock@xxxxxxxx writes:

THIS IS THE BEST WORDED PRO-GUN ARGUMENT I HAVE EVER READ

Interesting take and one you don't hear much. . . . . .
Read this eloquent and profound letter and pay close attention to the  last
paragraph of the letter....

"The Gun Is  Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human  beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and
force.

If you want me to do something for you, you have a  choice of either
convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding  under threat of
force.

Every human interaction falls into  one of those two categories, without
exception. Reason or force, that's  it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people  exclusively interact
through persuasion.
Force has no place  as a valid method of social interaction, and the only
thing that removes force  from the menu is the personal firearm, as
paradoxical as it may sound to  some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by  force.
You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because  I have a way to
negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on  equal
footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing  with
a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a
carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in
physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a
defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun  as the source of bad force
equations.
These are the people  who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns
were removed from society,  because a firearm makes it easier for a armed
mugger to do his job.
That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are  mostly
disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no validity  when
most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People  who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the
young, the  strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized
society. A  mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in
a society  where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then  there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that
otherwise  would only result in injury.
This argument is fallacious in  several ways. Without guns involved,
confrontations are won by the physically  superior party inflicting
overwhelming
injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute
lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it
with a bloody lip at worst.
The fact that the gun makes  lethal force easier works solely in favor of
the weaker defender, not the  stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field
is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian
as  it is in the hands of a weight lifter.
It simply wouldn't  work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both
lethal and easily  employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I  am looking for a fight, but
because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at  my side means that I cannot
be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it  because I'm afraid, but because
it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit  the actions of those who
would interact with me through reason, only the  actions of those who would do
so by force.

It removes  force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a
civilized  act.

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed
and  can only be persuaded, never forced.

Share  this!
Like · · Unfollow Post · Share · See  Friendship
Write a  comment...

Fast,  Secure, NetZero 4G Mobile Broadband. Try  it.