[sotd] Wired: Best Gadgets Money Can Buy [November 23, 2015]

  • From: "Site of the Day" <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 06:02:00 -0800

Site of the Day for Monday, November 23, 2015

The Best Gadgets Money Can Buy: WIRED's Picks for 2015

Today's site, in keeping with the shopping frenzy generated by the holiday
pre-season retail advertising blitz, offers Wired magazine's carefully winnowed
collection of top gear. Gentle Subscribers, deciding to give the whole shopping
extravaganza a miss this year, may still be curious about the items which made
this "best of" list.

"You're going to be shopping for a lot of stuff this holiday season. Make sure
you buy the best. ... the best products we've seen this year. Our list spans
the 20 most important categories ... This isn't one of those 'best deals'
lists, or a promotional gimmick. We've only listed products that our writers
and editors have tested, and these are the things we'd recommend you buy if
you're shopping for something in the category."- from the website

Twenty categories with twenty upmarket items characterize this Best Gadgets
compilation. Composed from Wired's ongoing product reviews over the course of
2015, the year end list provides a convenient summary of the best item in each
category. Ranging in price from a modest under $20 set of earphones to a
fabulously expensive OLED television, the list covers mundane items -- washers,
dryers, fridges, and stoves -- as well as more fun gear -- laptops, TV
streamers, and drones. Additional items include several different types of
cameras, the best cell phones by type, and even robot vacuum cleaners. Each
item is accompanied by a photo, a brief review, links to the complete
assessment, and an online retail location.

Wheel over to the site for details on Wired's best buy choices at:

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/best-gear-2015/

A.M. Holm
Comments? Suggestions? amholm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd and
//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd