[sotd] Shutterbug: Master Class [August 2, 2012]

  • From: "Site of the Day" <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:09:42 -0300

        Site of the Day for Thursday, August 2, 2012

        Shutterbug: Master Class

Today's site, from the popular Shutterbug publication, offers a collection
of engagingly written articles on taking better photos. Gentle Subscribers
will find tips, tricks and savvy advice from this photography master class.

"I really never know what to expect when I'm taking one of my classes on a
field trip. I do know that I will be using the same portrait techniques
outdoors that I use when I'm in a studio environment. I also know that the
outdoor settings offer many more challenges ..." - from the website

Written by the late, award-winning photographer Monte Zucker, this
collection of lively essays serves up a generous portion of useful and
clever photography techniques, honed by Mr. Zucker over a lifetime as a
professional photographer. Since his specialty was wedding and portrait
photography there is an emphasis on those particular branches, from how to
frame a shot to best advantage, to the drama of portraiture in black and
white. Shooting in exotic locations has not been neglected, however, with
articles providing an informative look at images snapped around the world,
their composition and the details which make them first class photos.

Click over to the site for a noteworthy resource on photographic techniques
at:

http://www.shutterbug.com/category/master-class

  A.M. Holm
  Comments? Suggestions?  <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>