[sotd] June 24, 2005 [Did You Know?]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:25:35 -0300

        Site of the Day for Friday, June 24, 2005

        Did You Know?

Today's web page presents an impressive array of individual factoids.
Gentle Subscribers who enjoy tossing off startling trivia may find the site
an irresistible source of amusing fodder.

"Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33. ...  The dollar
symbol ($) is a U combined with an S (U.S.) ...  Our eyes are always the
same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. ...  The
Statue of Liberty's tablet is two feet thick. ...  There are two credit
cards for every person in the United States. ... Des Moines has the highest
per capita Jello consumption in the U.S." - from the website

Dozens of historical, current, oddball and downright interesting bits and
bobs of information are offered on the web page, in a straightforward text
format. Some of the historical "facts" are controversial and need not be
accepted as the definitive answer. (See the origin of "Ring Around the
Rosey", for example.)Towards the bottom, a short quiz is included, with the
answers below.

Pop over to the web page for a trivia extravaganza at:

http://www.kellys.com/know.html

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>