[sotd] February 9, 2004 [Holiday Logos and Events: Google Style]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 08:13:43 -0400

        Site of the Day for Monday, February 9, 2004

        Holiday Logos and Events: Google Style!

Today's site from the folks at Google is a delightful collection of the
whimsical logos featured at the search site in celebration of national
holidays and events around the world. Gentle Subscribers who may have
missed a few of these over the years should find this little web gem an
excellent antidote to the Monday blues.

"We have a variety of logos commemorating holidays and events. We've put
them in this online museum for your amusement." - from the website

The site presents Google's imaginative logos from 1999 to the beginning of
2004, including Google doodles, those infrequent but delightful logo series
for a single event. From Bastille Day to Picasso's birthday, all of
Google's commemorative logos are represented. For additional fun, the
compulsively time-wasting game "applets", such as the one for Easter 2000
are included as well.

Hop over to the site for some gentle humor Google style at:

http://www.google.com/holidaylogos.html

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>