[somiba] Re: 2020 version improvements?

  • From: Charles Walter <scottsdalestars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: league <somiba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 16:43:31 -0700

Scottsdale votes no based on Mark's research.

http://www.stratfanforum.com/sffipb/topic/72583-always-allow-3-rule-change-the-initial-data/

-Charles

On 12/14/20 5:28 PM, Charles Walter wrote:

We're going to need to vote on the following issue.  Please everyone, in the next few days respond to this thread with a yes or no on whether we should use this feature.

1) Always Allow 3-Pointers Outside - This optional League Rule will allow more three-pointers to be attempted.  When this rule is enabled then you may elect to have the shooter attempt a 3-pointer whenever he is outside.  There are two use-cases that are anticipated for utilizing this rule. The first is for recent seasons where the percentage of 3-Point Attempts continues to rise dramatically.  Turning this option on will allow our game engine to generate a similar level of 3-Point Attempts that occurred in real-life.  The second use case is for players who wish to closely simulate the board game rules using the computer game. Recommendation for usage: For maximum statistical accuracy we recommend turning this option on for Season Replays from 2016-17 onward.  However be aware when playing manual or league games this option may allow some low volume 3-point shooters to significantly exceed their real life 3-point totals.  For this reason we recommend that league commissioners seriously consider the implications of utilizing this option for Draft Leagues and competitive Season Replay Leagues.

-Charles

On 12/14/20 5:15 PM, John Ferraro (Redacted sender ferrodude for DMARC) wrote:
Has Strat mentioned what enhancements are included in the 2020 version or did I just pay $60 for a glorified season authorization?