[soggi_members] SOGGI E LSF Contest Today

  • From: Andy Meysner <meysner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SOGGI Membership <soggi_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 17:09:14 -0400

Well surprisingly, given it is Canada Day, we had more turn out than expected. We had 7 contestants turn up although Dave Koiter and myself had to retire at the start due to gremlins. We also had about 6 other club members come out to observe, chat and help out.

The weather co-operated, but as higher winds were forecast for the afternoon we quickly completed 5 rounds before Terry warmed up the BBQ. Thank you in particular to Terry and Declan for manning the BBQ and providing lunch.

Results below. Note that this was a relatively close contest, with all participants scoring within 15% of the winner.

Pilot

Task time points

Ldg. points

Total Score

%

Otakar Koprnicky

1474

20

1494

100.0

Bob Hammett

1298

175

1473

98.6

Rob Nelson

1390

50

1440

96.4

Ann Tekatch

1266

40

1306

87.4

Lyle Jeakins

1259

25

1284

85.9

 Andy

PS Someone left a folding chair on the field. It is in the storage box.