[soggi_members] Fwd: Re: Westover weather

  • From: Andy Meysner <meysner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SOGGI Membership <soggi_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 07:39:46 -0400

I've realized it is too embarrassing to keep sending out emails when the forecast is so changeable.

Anyway, looks good as of now. I'll be at the slope about 10:30.

Andy

On 2020-05-23 9:35 p.m., Rob Nelson wrote:
Just looking at the Aviation weather forecast for YHM and YYZ. YHM from 14Z (10:00am local) wind is forecast at 180/15  ...south at 15kts with good vis and ceiling.
I’ll see if 15kts is too much for my Skeeter. Looks like showers start at 3pm.

 But you know what they say...It’s  just a forecast! I’ll look out the window in the morning.

Rob

<image1.png>

Sent from my iPad

On May 23, 2020, at 19:03, Andy Meysner <meysner@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:meysner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Sorry all but the forecast has changed again. Now rain in the morning and gusting 40-50 kph in the afternoon. So I won't be going tomorrow.

I'm keeping a watch on it for later in the week, but given the changeability right now I'm not making any predictions for an outing.

Andy

On 2020-05-23 6:46 p.m., Lyle & Marie Jeakins wrote:
Andy:
Wow! The predicted wind speeds have really picked up and they are calling for them from the south! Perfect! I’m bringing my Radian Pro with the prop tied down and a 2M Fling two channel,  not sure if either of them will work but I’m gonna bring ‘em anyways! : )  Because I’m usually up by 6 am. I will probably end up at Westover around 9:30 am. Maybe the winds will be lighter and I might work up enough nerve to toss one of ‘em off the cliff!!  I mean….what could possibly go wrong eh? Lol! I probably won’t last that long anyways, so if we get more than 5 members arriving at the same time, I will take my leave…

Cheers!
Lyle

On May 23, 2020, at 3:01 PM, Andy Meysner <meysner@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:meysner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

The forecast for Westover tomorrow morning has deteriorated somewhat with 30%-60% showers. But the winds look good, 20-30 kph south. The winds may not be that great for light planes.

I'm going to give it a go despite the showers forecast. The best window looks like 10:30  to 1:30 after which the POP increases with thunderstorms later. I plan to be there around 10:30.

Given the tentative interest I've received I'm a bit concerned about number of people. So please social distance. The last thing we need is the neighbours complaining to HCA that we are a crowd.

If a change in forecast causes me to change plans, I'll send out another email.

Andy