[soggi_members] Altis Reliability

  • From: Andy Meysner <meysner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SOGGI Membership <soggi_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 14:23:24 -0400

Folks,

Please ignore this if I'm preaching to the knowledgeable. But if you don't know it may save you a plane.

If you use an Altis and are not aware of potential reliability issues I recommend you read this thread from post #15 onwards.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3663853-New-Firmware-for-Altis-Nano-and-Altis-V4

Several years ago I and Ann at least expressed concern over the potential unreliability of having an Altis installed. Note that Aerobtec specifically recommend not powering the entire plane via an Altis. Potential failure could be as simple as repeated flexing of the Altis wiring each time you connect it via a USB cable.

Bottom line in my opinion, unless you are competing in F5J, don't use one. If you do make sure your Rx is powered independently from any part (including the wiring and connectors) of the Altis.

Andy