[soapcraft] Soap stories

  • From: Louise Shing <louiseshing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:44:01 +1300

Hi All

I'm so excited, can't wait to get my little package of soaps.

I started to make soap because I wanted to make Christmas gifts for people
(a friend suggested soap as something that children can do, so I started
with melt and pour).  Children loved melt and pour and still want to do more
(but hard to go back to that after doing cold process).  It was Gina who
suggested trying cold process.

I would not have attempted to make cold process soap without completing
Gina's course, it gave me the confidence to give it a try.  She's more of a
risk taker than me, having made soap from scratch for years.

Inspirations come from seeing other soaps, that's why this soap swap will be
very useful, also talking to others.

Resources:

Gina
Soapcraft chat group
Soap naturally book
Internet (not very useful)
Gina

Most important property of soap is lathering, love to have a good lather,
good old castor oil - thanks for suggestion Ross and Mandy.

Where to next??  Goats milk soap and additives ie petals, etc.

Oh plus going to make my own moisturiser and cleaning products!

Can't wait.

Cheers
Louise