[soapcraft] Soap Swap

  • From: "Liz Brook" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Soapcraft" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:22:48 +1300

Louise - my soap moulds were made for me by my brother-in-law in Melbourne (he
is a cabinetmaker) from a picture I saw - and wanted! LOL

They are upright log moulds and made out of formica.  With a normal log mould,
you pour into one of the long sides.  With an upright log mould, you pour
through the end.  The moulds sort of pop together, like a jigsaw puzzle and are
held together with wingnuts and long metal bolts. I'll try and take a photo.
My moulds consist of four cavities.  Each cavity gives me 17 soaps per batch.
I hope I am making sense here.  The smoothness comes from the smooth sides of
the formica mould in conjunction with the addition of potassium lactate in all
my batches.

Thank you for your comments.

Liz