[soapcraft] Liz's Soap

  • From: Louise Shing <louiseshing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:03:36 +1300

Hi All

My Feedback:

Initial Visual Impression

My first impression of the soap was wow! How do you get it looking sooo
smooth and professional!  I wasn't so keen on the colour because I made some
95% olive oil soaps which had a light purple colour I gave them as gifts but
when used in bath or shower it turned an icky black!  My family didn't like
black, icky slimy soap.  It smelt divine and boy is it good for skin but
just not a good look.  So I'm erring a bit on the colour as I have received
lots of (very negative feedback about black soap) from my family.

Packaging

Loved the packaging, very professional, but I have to agree with Ross and
Mandy that it could be a bit slicker to match your very professional, slick
and divine soap!

Soap - Non shower experience

I loved the smoothness and symmetry of the soap.  It was a great size and
felt fabulous to hold.

To be honest, I wasn't so keen on the scent of the soap before the shower
but after the shower I was a complete convert.

Soap - in the shower

I take back everything I said about the scent - I felt that I had died and
gone to heaven.  Something happened in the shower that I can't explain but
the scent smelt more balanced.  I've had two more showers since just to
check the scent again (I swim that's why I had two showers).  Oh my lord! I
personally loooove the scent and everything about the soap.  I'm glad that
my soap is next on the list as I can continue to use your soap Liz and not
worry about having to try out another soap!!  I think that the faint sweet
orange oil balances the scent of the patchouli and makes it just divine!
Please, please Liz I'd love the recipe if you don't mind.

The soap had a great lather and just felt beautiful to use, I've smelt it so
many times.  A good hard bar of soap, which I like.

What I loved is that the beautiful scent lingered on my skin during the day,
I couldn't help but keep smelling myself, people have been looking at me in
a strange (read not good) way.  My skin felt beautiful and refreshed and
moisturised.

Agree with Ross that soap slightly slimy (only slightly) and not as bad as
my 95% olive oil soap (now that's slimy) but the soap is so good for your
skin.  Loved using it and cannot sing its praises enough.  Only drawback is
that there was some colour leakage on my flannel but that's only minor
compared to the joy of using it!

Overall:

Very professional, immaculate bar of soap.  Divine and luxurious.
I'd pay good money to buy a bar of this soap.

Cheers
Louise