[slint] Re: To Harley

  • From: Harley Richardson <destructatron2018@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 15:28:01 +0100

Hello,

Thanks a lot, that worked a treat! A quick heads up, if you do this you will get a newer version of psutil which will fail to import and do as you'd expect due to a version mismatch. Running sudo pip3 uninstall psutil will remove the newer version and let you use the old one.

Harley

On 31/03/2023 21:45, tony seth wrote:

Heya there all, especially Harley:
I think Didier gave you a good bunch of info, more then I have, but I can tell you a bit about WINE.
Before you install it, either from source or package, it does look for multilib environment and if it finds it you'll have access to your 32-bit as well as 64-bit apps.
So you'll want to do the multilib thing by getting a copy of Dave Woodall's script.
I hope I spelled his name right, but the way I found it was to look in the readmy for the WINE slackbuild at slackbuilds.org
There's a link to it, which I used wget to grab so I'd have a copy that I keep around.
You'll want that file, and when you have it, take a look in it to make sure that the url is a slackware 15.0.
Also make sure it's executable, and run it as super user.
Before doing any of this however, make sure that your system is fully updated, because once you run the script you'll need to blacklist the 32-bit stuff that slapt-get will want to upgrade in future.
I solved this by running as root:
slapt-get -upgrade
but instead of answering
took note of what it wanted to upgrade, wrote it down, and edited the /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc adding the programs you want to blacklist to the end of the EXCLUDE- line.
I have a backup of this file that I keep around as well as that script so I can just drop it into a good system.
Sorry for the long-winded message, hope it helps a bit.